Pre-conference Workshop: Tuesday 2nd April 2019 (9am-5pm)
Design thinking for HR Leaders
Reshaping the employee experience
Clearly, complexity is here to stay. Employees are overwhelmed with technology, applications and a constant flood of information.
In this uncertain and often confusing landscape, the HR function is essential to improve productivity, boost engagement and increase employee satisfaction while also providing training and other HR services. To achieve this, HR needs to reinvent itself by incorporating design thinking into its people strategies. HR must move away from “process design” to “human-centred design.” This means studying what employees do, visiting their workplaces and observing their behaviour. Simply described, design thinking means focusing on the person and the experience, not the process.
- Shift your mindset away from designing top-down, centrally distributed HR programs
- Understand the value of designing all HR programs with the employee at the centre
- Analyse and discuss design thinking and implications across the modern HR context
- Create and communicate end-user driven solutions to HR problems or opportunities such as employee engagement, organisational design and attracting talent
- Map the Employment Lifecycle from the employee’s point of view to improve all employee experiences
- Reduce risk and accelerate learning through rapid testing and feedback loops
- Problem-find and reframe problems in a way that enables HR to develop a culture of innovation
- Learn to let go of the notion that HR programs must be ‘perfect’ before rolling them out
- Map the employee journey to identify touchpoints and needs and redesign the employee experience
- Use storyboarding to create a brand-new employee experience with the employee at the centre
- Create a practical HR program using design thinking methodology that you can pilot straight away
Kristyn Haywood, Founding Director, People for Success
After a successful career as a HR Director, Kristyn Haywood founded People for Success, a Leadership Education start-up in 2004. For over a decade now, Kristyn has designed and delivered hundreds of transformational leadership and communication programs in both the public and private sectors at the highest levels in business. Kristyn has personally educated over a thousand leaders, across 5 continents including Executives from the ASX 200. She’s delivered dozens of top-team alignments and supported many senior teams to reach high levels of performance.
Kristyn has always maintained her passion for the HR profession, having delivered AHRI’s Diploma program in the past. A few years ago, she was compelled to create ‘Design Thinking for HR Leaders’ after noticing a huge gap in modern HR education that, if not filled, will leave HR professionals unable to meet the expectations of 21st-century Executives. Kristyn’s qualifications include a Master of Business, Advanced Diploma in HR Management, Edward de Bono's Six Thinking Hats, and administering tools such as the LSI, LI, MBTI, EQi-2.0, Advanced D.I.S.C., TMS, and is an accredited NLP Master Practitioner, NLP Coach and NLP Master Trainer.
For further details on Kristyn’s credentials, please visit designthinkingforhrleaders.com and peopleforsuccess.com.au